Friday, May 8, 2020

The Shit Lil Durk Dropped is Early Album Of The Summer

Is May summer? I know, it's technically in Spring but it kinda feels like summer? In my world, gonna say that May yes May...is the start of Album of the Summer talk. 

Andddd boy oh boy are we off to a hot start, this is far and away Durk's best album since he got hot. Came with a variety of flows and mixed the love songs with the hard shit. Mixed the Toxic King gospel with a love song to his girl? Only needed 4 features, and who'd he get 'em from you may ask? Only 4 of the hottest rappers in the game. Herbo, Lil Baby, Polo G, Gunna. Talk about efficiency Jeff Van Gundy.


Top 5 Songs

5. Chiraq Demons (ft. G Herbo)

The fact this is only 5 speaks to how good this album really is. Whenever we get blessed with Herb and Durk goin' hard, we should be thankful. They went back to their Chiraq roots for this one *thus the song name*. Oh but they got money now, Durk talkin' his RICH SHIT. "No Veneers, I need like 90 in the face" that's just a real fuck you move buddy, I got perfect teeth and your daughters tuition in my mouth

Herb made bein' a responsible father sound cool as hell...Are you kidding me? How the hell do you do that? Then Durk just disparaging Bulls players bragging about how easy it is to fuck their wives. Jim Boylen gonna hear this and make 'em each run a triathlon. 

"He an opp that know me from the gram call 'em fan, buddy"

"I just saw the opps wit' all my chains, i ain't tuckin 'em" 

4. Gucci Gucci (ft. Gunna)

As soon as you hear this you know damn well it's about to be the next big song on Tik Tok. The production is a 60 point game on a slick 19/26 from the field. 

"When the world hear this song they gon' keep sayin (Gunna) Gucci Gucci" is so damn smooth. To declare that your own shit gon' be poppin like that? Confidence we should all aspire to have. 

3. Internet Sensation

This might really be the best rap love song these ears have ever heard. Shows just how talented he is and the range of his music. 

"To fall in love, can say i've been afraid, mixin' Lean wit' Lyrical Lemonade" to turn "Scared to fall in love so I turnt to music and drugs" into something that smooth, that creative.  

via GIPHY
Talkin' bout tryna inspire his fans to be in a healthy relationship in the same album with Triflin Hoes is an incredibly cocky move....and I for one respect it. Play both sides of the fence. 

"Voice of the Streets AND Relationships" Talk some more shit why don't you pal

"I gotta tell the truth this the best relationship I ever been in"



2. 3 Headed Goat (ft. Lil Baby & Polo G)

The title ain't lyin' this is one of the best songs all year. Undoubtbly. Baby and Polo never miss on features and Durk knows how to let features shine in their roles. Durkio Raymone James. 

1. Triflin Hoes

[Verse 2]
Told me how many niggas you fucked
You tell me how many dicks you sucked, I'm like
Yeah, freaky bitch said we should take a turn
When the fuck I say I'm coming back? They never learn
Smoke a hotel bathroom out, then let the water run
Count a hundred thousand cash, damn near cut my thumb
Bitch, you can't lie to me, you can't tell me Wook can't fuck, uh
You was actin' so unsure, we was takin' turns, uh
You know damn well I fucked your friends, bitch, you got the nerve, uh
You was tryna catch us up when you got the word, uh
Answered the phone when he was callin', damn, that made her nervous
He ain't even know I was at her crib, I'm like damn, I'm dirty
Call Wook phone when I left, I said her pussy murder
Plus she stay next to the opps, I had to close the curtains
Fuck that bitch, suck a rich nigga dick
I ain't the only rich nigga, I can't never give you kiss
Let you suck it with the ice, you gotta mix it with the spit
You can be my ho forever, I could never give you shit

Future had the toxic king crown....Durk just took it. Sorry. Not another word necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Learned That Paris Hilton Had A Sex Tape

With John Henry here 12 years older than me, there's surely some things he knows in which I've never been brought to the light on...