Tuesday, May 19, 2020

NFL QB's I Continue to Believe In (For No Good Reason)

Every draft since about 2014, I do my share of diggin' around on some prospects, mainly of the Quarterback variety. Perhaps you've heard of them? They're the ones who throw the ball. Anywho, over the years i've never once missed on who I thought would be good. And so that's the point of this blog, to point out just how fucking smart I am...*sigh* brother I wish. Sadly no one bats 1.000, however some people are able to move on from their misses...me? I continue justifying their failures and sell myself on false promise. Lets dive in, shall we? 

Marcus Mariota

I'm not saying he's going to steal Derek Carr's job...I'm also not, not saying that he'll be the opening day QB for the Raiders. Despite his shoulder and throwing arm looking like shredded cheese, I refuse to believe the QB we all saw at Oregon ended up flaming out in the NFL. My soul, and my dignity, simply can not let that be the case. 

Perhaps, the Oregon Jersey and dark visor combination made everything he did look much cooler. At the same time though, he won a Heisman at just 20 years old and had a TD:INT ratio of 10.5:1 and made it to the Natty out of the PAC-12, something nobody has come even close to doing since. His supporting cast on offense that year had only one, count it (1) current NFL player...Despite the 5 years of mediocrity, getting his job stolen by a tall white local Nashville resident via Miami (who I refuse to name, as to not hurt myself any further), I will never admit I was wrong. If you think I was wrong, maybe you're the wrong one...ever think of that, pal? Huh? Well have ya? 

I'm definitely wrong and this will only come back to bite me.

Will Grier

Should it of been a red flag when I learned his brother was a vine star, much more famous than him? Perhaps. 

Should it be a red flag that he completed less than 54% of his passes while throwing for 0 TD's and 4 INT's when given playing time last season? Maybe.

Will I let it disrupt my unwavering, unsupported, and undoubtedly biased evaluation of him coming out of West Virginia? No, no I will not. 

The truth of the matter is that he is far too cool to fail. You want stats and "proof" and that mumbo jumbo? I point to the fact that he wore a visor, took steroids and was supremely cocky in the BIG-12. That matters too, people. 

What's that old saying? Men Lie, Numbers lie, being cool doesn't? Something like that. Will Grier, very cool.

Jerod Evans

"Who is this?" You may ask? How dare you. You're looking at future Eagles starting QB Jerod Evans, bub. Despite never being able to earn a starting job in the Arena Football League, much less crack an NFL roster...everyone else is wrong about him and he just hasn't gotten his shot to shine. 

He was far from a bum at Virginia Tech, in fact he led his team to the always prestigious Belk Bowl and overcame a 24 point deficit to drive his team to victory. In the same season, oh yes, the very same...he set school records in passing TD's, passing yards and completion percentage...WHILST running for 800 yards and 12 TD's. 

I say that all to say this.
 
There was definitely NO point in time after the 2017 Draft where I said he would steal Carson Wentz job. Any evidence supporting otherwise is photoshopped and fake...He would've though, just came down with a foot injury during rookie minicamp. Sometimes, it's just the luck of the draw. Minor setback for a major comeback, Kurt Warner was an AFL QB who went undrafted as well...people don't like to talk about that. Are Jerod Evans and Kurt Warner kindred souls? I'm not saying they aren't. 

Future HOF Jerod Evans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Learned That Paris Hilton Had A Sex Tape

With John Henry here 12 years older than me, there's surely some things he knows in which I've never been brought to the light on...