Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Internet Has Found The Greatest 15$ Pick 'Em

Simply put, the intricacies and difficulties that go into putting a lineup that fits together...is rather challenging, which is what makes this THEE best pick 'em...undisputed, debate a willing party because EYE will not be such. The sole flaw is the pricing on the '50s-'70s should def-in-itely be lowered due to the rules stating modern rules aaaaaaand very few of these gentlemen past the $5 tier could survive much less contribute in the modern NBA. 

Hermanos...shall we dive in?


F LeBron James $7 ($8 Remaining)


LeBron is far and away the greatest player I have ever seen play basketball. I didn't experience that fella Jordan live so I won't proclaim a GOAT, but let me just say this...that guy was a reeeeaaaaal dickhead. It worked sure...and he's damn lucky it did because did he actually need to treat teammates like complete shit and oh yes, STARVE HORACE GRANT??? 

One of my biggest prerequisites for these shenanigans i'm partaking in, was I needed someone who's proven he can be the best player on a championship team...I thiiiiiink i've got em. I dunno, just a hunch.

I've always been a Kobe guy but seeing Bron mentally and physically dispose of the 73-9 Warriors was all I needed to see for the debates to be over. I'll pay up for Bron Bron and find some bargain buy's later on, perhaps I have a clue for who'll be my pick.

G Pete Maravich $3 ($5 Remaining)


YUP. The kid who slanders the olds constantly and has never once seen Pete Maravich play basketball, is making him his second highest paid player...My reasoning is as follows, 1) I had to bite the bullet and select one of the Life Alert veterans...and 2) If you've ever talked to anyone over 60, they'll tell you he was the best guard they ever saw, outside of Mike. 

Talk about rough, boy oh boy.
Everyone says he was essentially Curry...but before a 3 point line, so he was just taking the worst shots possible but he was so good it didn't matter. They implemented the 3 point line in his last 2 NBA seasons...slick 64% and 75% just to show people he really was that dude. 

Bron will know how to use 'em.

C Arvydas Sabonis $2 ($3 Remaining)


Sabonis' peak was never actually seen by most Americans...including myself, so much like Pete Maravich I can make him however good I damn well please in my mind. Let anyone tell you though and he was essentially Nikola Jokic with defensive chops and Derrick Rose's health.



"He was like Dirk but 7'4 and could pass like Larry or Magic." Interesting, I think I want...hmm, that guy. He beat a little known fellow by the name of David Robinson out for the Gold medal in the '88 Olympics. This guy mighta been good, don't let me cloud your judgement though. 

LeBron with a 40% 3PT shooting big who can defend the rim? It's a real shame Anthony Davis can't do such things. 

The passing between Bron, Sabonis and Pistol Pete would put the Globetrotters to shame.

G Gary Payton $2 ($1 Remaining)


Oh No! They exclaimed. "He only has a singular dollar left, how will he ever get a competent wing with that scratch?". Listen bubba, i'm the professional here...i'll be the one asking the questions. Perhaps the best defensive guard ever for a measly 13% of my budget? Sign me on up. Peak Gary Payton defended Michael Jordan better than anyone ever and shot 38% from 3 whilst scoring 25 PPG leading his team to the finals. I'm no Warren Buffett but this $2 seems like a good investment here, i've been wrong before though.

At this point, no matter what your team's biggest strength is, I have an elite defender that can shut 'em down. You building around MJ or perhaps Curry? Funny stuff, the Glove has got them in the torture chamber. Are you going to build around Shaq or maybe you fancy yourself a Kareem type...it'd be a real shame if my 7'3 Center had 'em in hell down low. I like my chances putting elite shooting and equally elite defense around Bron Bron. 

GP gives the team an edge and juuuuust the right amount of crazy without going into Patrick Beverley hardo mode. 

F Carmelo Anthony $1 ($0 Remaining)


I said I had one flaw with this pick 'em, but guess what? I lied. Why the fuck is LaLa's husband $1? A singular dollar. Jimmy Butler is $3 and his peak ain't particularly close to the peak that had #15 on Denver goin' mano-e-mano with Kobe in the '09 WCF's. It's a damn TRAVESTY how Melo is gonna be remembered by the masses. 

Did prime Melo ever lead a team to the finals? No not quite, however if you pair him with LEBRON JAMES instead of Chauncey Billups utilizing a walker...the results are much different. 28 PPG on 40% 3PT and the athleticism to still jump outta the fuckin' gym? It just wouldn't work i'm telling you, LeBron pairing up with his friends has never won titles!  


G- Gary Payton

G- Pete Maravich

F- Carmelo Anthony

F- LeBron James

C- Arvydas Sabonis


This team fucks. I like my shot against anyone and I challenge you to put together a better team. You can't, you won't...coward.

Thanks for reading pals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Learned That Paris Hilton Had A Sex Tape

With John Henry here 12 years older than me, there's surely some things he knows in which I've never been brought to the light on...